Saturday, December 24, 2011

Our Area

It's taken about 22 months, but it's finally here... pictures of our area: Gyesan-dong, Incheon! Sarah took the pictures during the daytime and I, Lee, took the pictures at night. For almost 2 years of living here, you would have thought I could have taken better pictures. You wouldn't believe it, but the ones I uploaded are actually the best of the bunch. Sarah's photos are good though, as usual.


This is my (Lee) building. I guess it's a standard apartment building for people who live alone and like to get hassled by nosey superintendents.


This is the view from my apartment window. You can see Seoul tower in the distance on a clear day, of which this was not. I love this view :) The brick building is a technical high school and the tall tower blocks are larger apartments for families or for people who need a lot of space.


No, this isn't a scene from the movie 'Scum'... These are just doors leading to people's apartments. None of these doors are mine. My door is in a dingy, unphotogenic corner behind me by a drafty stairwell.


This is Sarah's apartment complex where we both live together (we just use my place for storage now). We moved here because it's better situated. Instead of walking 8 minutes to get to Home Plus or Angel-in-us coffee shop, it now takes 2 or 3, depending on how fast the elevator gets to us. Takes people days to walk to the nearest well in parts of Africa...


View from Sarah's apartment window. The bright lights keep us awake at night.


Someone's stall on the side of the road selling grain and things. Also a woman wearing a mask.


The legendary Home Plus on the right of the picture and some of what you can see through Sarah's window on the left. Also some buses.


Street stand selling red bean paste cake snacks (I'm sure someone knows the proper name for them). I love these cakes. Really tasty and you're reminded the next day that you've eaten a packet of them because of the burns on your tongue.


This is Gyeyang-gu office, the district office. It's quite big and imposing, but I like it. Better looking than Portsmouth civic offices anyway...


No, not an aquarium. Incheon is a port city so you see these kind of 'choose your own fish' restaurants everywhere. I've seen them in Seoul, too, I just assume they're just more common in port towns. Never eaten in one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India